Learn To L.I.F.T.
Listen, Identify, Formulate & Train
Atlas’ Learn To L.I.F.T. Program – Listen, Identify, Formulate & Train - delivers an in-house training model that offers clinical support, promoting safety and empowerment to your employees. By training and educating your staff on effective safe patient handling practices, we help build confidence in their position and ability to perform. If your facility has had mixed results with SPHM training or has no SPHM training at all, Atlas can prepare your staff for success.
Atlas’ employees are experts in safe patient handling and peer education. Our educators combine years of real world experience with the latest ideas to develop facility specific, evidence-based curricula, which prepare your staff for any situation. The vendor-neutral nature of Atlas means that our educators are ready to train your staff on the proper use of all equipment, regardless of brand or type. We educate by example, instilling the confidence associated with experience in your employees.
Atlas provides a structured training model that can be followed easily and adapted to any facility. We identify problem areas in your facility and consult with you regarding the custom training program necessary for your staff. We listen and engage our clients’ needs, formulating effective, evidence-based training curricula for your institution. We continually communicate and train one on one with caregivers on proper use of lifting equipment, procedures and algorithms to enhance the safety of both your patients and staff.
Learn to L.I.F.T. serves as an in-house solution to increase the efficiency of your employees, maximizing their productivity and performance through:
- Developing & customizing a comprehensive training program
- Continual training on equipment, policies, procedures & algorithms
- Continual support & management of program
- Providing rapid response to conflicts & requests
- Informing staff of role clarity & performance standards
- Investing in staff development (recognize, empower, motivate, reward)
- Listening to patient & staff feedback (surveys)
- Setting benchmark guidelines on performance & quality metrics
- Ensuring staff acceptance & understanding of program
- Continual communication & collaboration with staff